Full Metal Sanctity

Forums for the Full Metal Sanctity Netbattle server and Website

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
best at games
Digger

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?   Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:04 am

I stopped after half-way through the Hoenn league. >_>

I can't stand it anymore, though. It's just too much fail. <_<

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hellsflames.co.nr/
Wandering Scripter
Noob
Noob

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?   Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Ash has a retarrrded laugh, but I hate how their pokes can have more than 4 moves, and soemthing like tail whip DOES DAMAGE, instead of , ":O ITS DEFENSE FELL!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scripter2.sytes.net/
The Hated
Astronaut

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?   Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:01 pm

stoped watching it when RSE pokemons started to come out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voltage
Noob
Noob

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?   Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:39 pm

... WHAT THE HECK WAS MY PROBLEM!?

Seriously, was I so idiotic back then that I didn't understand the concept of filler? I am just editing the old post because this is just embarrassing. My only complaint in that whole giant rant was that the original series was more context sensitive and that the third season put in filler which could happen anywhere in the timeline. I still stand by this statement, but the first season isn't perfect either.

Certain episodes like the ghost of maidens peak could have happened anywhere. There is actually nowhere in canon Kanto where this could have actually taken place, but the anime has a completely different map than the games. While the general route setup connecting cities is similar, there are some major differences, one being Bill having a lighthouse. But yes, the first season suffers from filler and map issues as well.

So what is truly different between the first and third seasons? Whether it was due to age or actual feel, it seemed like filler wasn't something designed to slow down the series. Ghost of maidens peak was one of my favorite episodes and yet it was technically filler. I also enjoyed the episode with the guy who wanted to win 100 "gym battles" with his sandshrew. The sandshrew guy appears nowhere ingame (except maybe where he is referenced in yellow) and yet I enjoyed it and most of the episodes. I guess now that I analyse it, it appears the anime was trying to add a sense of reality to Kanto with the extra islands, extra cities and extra story archs.

Much different than a story about a wailord that beached itself and team rocket wants to steal it. Oh, and the reason I reference this is because that's one of the few episodes I saw besides the inconcequencial ash becoming a pikachu... minute... and some other forgettable parts. Now this is redacted, I can sleep at last.

Last edited by Voltage on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I was a freaking MORON! Seriously, you guys should have banned me!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?   

Back to top Go down

Who actually still watches the show? If not, When did you stop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1